Daniel Urban is an institutional retirement plan advisor based in Warren, NJ.
CAPTRUST welcomed Daniel in 2021, and he currently serves as a senior vice president and financial advisor. Dan provides retirement plan advisory services to corporate and non-profit defined contribution plan sponsors. He is experienced in investment analysis and oversight, fiduciary process, plan design, fee benchmarking due diligence, and vendor selection and monitoring. Dan offers his clients valued industry perspective, experience, and expertise to thoughtfully guide their decision-making, while ensuring a prudent process and pursuit of their plan’s measures of success remain front of mind.
Dan joined CAPTRUST from Portfolio Evaluations, Inc. (PEI), where he served as senior financial consultant for the firm.
Dan holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in business and economics from Ursinus College. He is also an active member of the American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries (ASPPA) and holds the Qualified Plan Financial Consultant (QPFC) and Tax-Exempt & Governmental Plan Consultant (TGPC) Designations through ASPPA.
Outside of work, Dan enjoys spending time on the Jersey shore; rooting for the New York Mets, Jets, Rangers, and Knicks; and spending time with his wife, two children, family, and friends.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in business and economics from Ursinus College
- Qualified Plan Financial Consultant
- Tax-Exempt And Governemental Plan Consultant
- Alumni Advisor, UCIMCO – Ursinus College Investment Management Company (Student-managed investment fund)
- Member, American Society of Pension Professionals and Actuaries (ASPPA)
- Member, National Association of Plan Advisors (NAPA)
- Member, National Tax-Deferred Savings Association (NTSA)
Awards & Recognition
- National Association of Plan Advisors (NAPA) Aces: Top 100 Retirement Plan Advisors Under 40 | 2023
- NAPA Top DC Advisor Teams | 2022 (CAPTRUST Warren)
- Barron’s Top Institutional Consulting Teams | 2023 (CAPTRUST Team Warren)
- Barron’s Top Institutional Consultants | 2020, 2021 (Portfolio Evaluations, Inc.)
- PLANADVISER Top 100 Retirement Plan Advisers (Portfolio Evaluations, Inc.) | 2021, 2019, 2018
- National Association of Plan Advisors (NAPA), Top Defined Contribution (DC) Advisor Multi-Office Firm (Portfolio Evaluations, Inc.) | 2020