Ellen Ogan Martel is an institutional financial advisor based in Chicago, IL.
Our firm welcomed Ellen in 2021 as a principal. She brings over 25 years of experience in providing investment advisory services to institutional clients. At CAPTRUST, Ellen helps clients with corporate retirement plans, endowments, foundations, and healthcare institutions to achieve their goals and objectives while fulfilling their fiduciary duties.
Ellen joined us from Ellwood Associates—a comprehensive financial services firm—where she was a senior consultant. She also served as the practice leader for defined contribution plans where she led a team that drove the firm’s strategic thinking regarding the evolution of defined contribution plans and the regulatory changes affecting them.
Prior to joining Ellwood, Ellen worked as a high-yield fixed-income securities analyst at Lincoln Capital Management, a Chicago-based investment firm. She received a Bachelor of Science degree in finance and marketing from Creighton University. Outside of work, Ellen serves her community by volunteering for the Leaders Investing for Tomorrow organization.
- Bachelor of Science degree in finance and marketing from Creighton University
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary®
- Defined Contribution Institutional Investment Association
- Plan Sponsor Council of America
- Women Investment Professionals | Chicago
Awards & Recognition
- NAPA Top DC Advisor Teams | 2022 (CAPTRUST Chicago)