John Keeton is a vice president and financial advisor based out of San Antonio, TX.
CAPTRUST welcomed John to the firm in 2021. He assists families and institutions with their investment, income tax, wealth transfer planning, and philanthropic strategies. John specializes in developing and implementing prudent strategies for clients to achieve their lifetime financial goals.
John joined us from Covenant Multifamily Offices—a multidisciplinary financial advisory firm—where he was a senior financial advisor. Prior to joining Covenant, John was an investment analyst for Texas-based Frost Bank’s Wealth Management Services group. He began his career in the investment industry with SMH Capital as an equity research analyst, focusing on the energy and consumer discretionary sectors. John earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in finance from Texas State University.
Community involvement is important to John. He serves as a mentor for the students at the Greehey School of Business at St. Mary’s University, a Financial Planning Advisory Board member for the University of the Incarnate Word, and an Advisory Board member for the University of Houston Finance Program. Outside of work, John enjoys spending time with his wife Kathryn and their four children.
- Master of Science degree from the University of Houston
- Bachelor of Business Administration degree in finance from Texas State University
- Chartered Financial Analyst
- CFA Institute Society San Antonio
- Member of the executive committee and the board of directors for the Texas Business Hall of Fame
- Co-director of the CFA Institute Research Challenge Southwest
- Board member of Hope Hospice
- Leadership San Antonio Class of 42
Awards & Recognition
- AdvisorHub Advisors to Watch list | 2023
- San Antonio Business Journal’s Power Couple of the Year | 2020
- San Antonio Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 | 2016