John Masterson is an institutional retirement plan advisor based in Chesterton, IN.
John joined CAPTRUST in 2020 as a vice president and financial advisor charged with helping plan sponsors to mitigate their fiduciary responsibilities, lead fiduciary training for retirement plan committees, and serving as the lead advisor to plan sponsors for investment oversights, compliance fulfillment, best practices, and plan governance.
Prior to joining CAPTRUST, John was a retirement plan consultant with Lakeside Wealth Management, a firm specializing in financial planning, fiduciary and corporate qualified plan consulting, small business services, risk and asset management, and estate, tax, and life insurance planning. Prior to joining the Lakeside team in 2014, John was the managing director for Sheridan Road in Indianapolis. He also served over seven years as a consultant for White Oak Advisors in Indianapolis.
When he is not in the office, he enjoys playing golf, pickleball, or exercising.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in communications and advertising from Purdue University
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary®
- Certified 401(k) Professional
- Qualified Plan Financial Consultant
- Volunteer, Rebuilding Together Duneland
- Volunteer, United Way
Awards & Recognition
- NAPA Top DC Advisor Teams | 2020, 2021, and 2022 (CAPTRUST Chesterton)
- Financial Times 401 Top Retirement Plan Advisor | 2020