Michael Sanders is an institutional retirement plan advisor based in New York, NY.
Mike joined CAPTRUST in 2021 from Cammack Retirement Group—a leading national, independent retirement plan consulting and investment advisory firm—where he served as principal and head of operations. As a senior-level consultant, member of the Cammack Retirement Group investment team, and member of the Investment Committee, Mike oversaw strategic projects, personnel, and business development.
At CAPTRUST, Mike helps fiduciaries manage risk and leverage technology to provide optimal investment outcomes for their participants. He partners with plan sponsors in all aspects of the due diligence process—analysis, plan design, compliance, regulatory, and process changes—to focus on serving retirement needs.
With over 20 years of experience, Mike has a comprehensive background in various aspects of the retirement industry. Prior to joining Cammack Retirement, he served in leadership roles at both AllianceBernstein and Empower Retirement. Mike received a Bachelor of Science degree in finance from West Virginia University and a Master of Business Administration degree from Ramapo College.
- Master of Business Administration degree from Ramapo College
- Bachelor of Science degree in finance from West Virginia University
- Behavioral Financial Advisor
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority
Awards & Recognition
- PLANADVISER Top Retirement Plan Advisers | 2023
- Barron’s Top Institutional Consultants | 2022, 2023 (Team New York/Boston)
- NAPA Top DC Advisor Teams | 2021 and 2022 (CAPTRUST New York)