Mike Volo is an institutional retirement plan advisor based in Boston, MA.
CAPTRUST welcomed Mike to the firm in 2021. He has over 30 years of experience in the investment advisory and retirement services industries. Mike works alongside nonprofit organizations, higher education organizations, corporations, and public sector retirement plan sponsors to help solve their biggest challenges—managing fiduciary risk and helping employees to retire successfully.
He joined us from Cammack Retirement Group—a leading national, independent retirement plan consulting and investment advisory firm—where he served as senior partner. Mike is a recognized retirement savings expert with a passion for clients and their employees, who excels at developing innovative and effective solutions.
Prior to joining Cammack Retirement, Mike led the client service organization, focused on tax-exempt institutions, as senior vice president at Fidelity Investments. He also served as the head of acquisition and client marketing for Fidelity. Additionally, Mike served as the chief marketing officer and head of product management of Scudder Investments. He received his Bachelor of Science degree in finance from Boston College.
- Bachelor of Science degree in finance from Boston College
- Author and contributor to The Wall Street Journal, Pensions & Investments, PLANSPONSOR, Institutional Investor, and other national publications
- Featured contributor on CNN’s Your Money
- Former board chairman, Bottom Line
Awards & Recognition
- PLANADVISER Top Retirement Plan Advisers | 2023
- Barron’s Top Institutional Consultants | 2022, 2023 (Team New York/Boston)
- NAPA Top DC Advisor Teams | 2021 (CAPTRUST Boston)