Troy Anderson is an institutional retirement plan advisor based in Des Moines, IA.
Troy joined CAPTRUST in 2017. He serves as a vice president and financial advisor, responsible for providing defined contribution, defined benefit, and nonqualified plan advisory services to corporate fiduciaries. Troy helps clients build successful retirement plans by leveraging the firm’s resources to provide independent advice on investments, plan design, participant financial wellness and advice, fiduciary process, and vendor management.
Troy holds the Certified Plan Fiduciary Advisor (CPFA®) credential from the National Association of Plan Advisors (NAPA) and the Qualified 401(k) Administrator (QKA™) designation from the American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries (ASPPA). He has also completed NAPA’s Nonqualified Plan Advisor (NQPA) certification program.
Prior to joining the firm, Troy was a client manager at Wolin & Associates, Inc. When he is not in the office or with a client, you can find Troy spending time with his wife and their three boys.
- Bachelor of Science degree in business from Trinity International University
- Master of Arts degree in sports administration from Northwestern University
- Certified Plan Fiduciary Advisor
- Qualified 401(k) Administrator
- Programming Committee Member, Central Iowa Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Member, National Association of Plan Advisors
- Member, American Society of Pension Professionals and Actuaries
Awards & Recognition
- NAPA Aces: Top 100 Retirement Plan Advisors Under 40 | 2024
- Barron’s Top 50 Institutional Consultants | 2019 and 2022 (Team Des Moines)
- NAPA Top DC Advisor Teams | 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022 (CAPTRUST Des Moines)