Ken Garrett, CPA
- Albuquerque, NM
- Pillars of the Earth | Memento
- Lou Brock, Ronald Reagan, and Barack Obama
- Think straight, talk straight.
- Common sense, sharp wit, and reliability
Ken is a director, tax, working in the Phoenix, Arizona, CAPTRUST office.
Ken joined our team in 2020. He is responsible for providing income and estate tax services for individuals, families, and their related entities, as well as private businesses.
Ken’s career includes more than 40 years of experience in Phoenix as a tax consultant. In addition to individual tax planning, he has worked with companies in a variety of industries, including software development, manufacturing, retail, real estate, and professional sports.
Prior to joining CAPTRUST, Ken was with MRA Associates—an independent advisory firm with the prestigious CEFEX certification from the Centre for Fiduciary Excellence—where he served as a senior director. Before that, he was a partner in the international public accounting firms Arthur Andersen and Deloitte, with a focus on providing tax planning, compliance, and audit defense for entrepreneurs and their closely held businesses.
Ken’s career with these accounting firms included significant experience with mergers and acquisitions. As a result, he brings to CAPTRUST deep skills in tax planning and finance that are unique to the acquiring or dispensing of private businesses. Ken adds value through proper tax planning and structuring as our clients go through monetization events with their private investments.
He resides in Phoenix with his wife, Liz.
- Bachelor of Accountancy degree from New Mexico State University
- Certified Public Accountant
- Former Chair—New Mexico State University Business Advisory Council
- Member— Arizona Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member—Association for Corporate Growth, Arizona chapter
News & Resources
Sorry, no news items found.
How can we help?