Daniel George is an institutional advisor based in Chicago, IL.
CAPTRUST welcomed Dan to our team in 2021. As a principal, he serves as a senior consultant to high-net-worth and nonprofit clients. Dan brings over 30 years of experience as an endowments and foundations specialist.
Dan joined us from Ellwood Associates—a comprehensive financial services firm—where he served as managing director. In this role, Dan led Ellwood’s endowments and foundations practice, responsible for improving the firm’s best strategic thinking regarding investment matters, industry best practices, trends, and regulatory updates.
Prior to Ellwood, Dan was the co-director of endowments and foundations at Ennis Knupp & Associates. He also worked as a mortgage-backed securities analyst for Household International. Dan received a Bachelor of Science degree in finance from Miami University.
- Bachelor of Science degree in finance from Miami University
- Chartered Financial Analyst
- Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst
- Member—Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst Association
- Member—CFA Institute
- Member—CFA Society of Chicago
Awards & Recognition
- Barron’s Top Institutional Consultants | 2023 (Team Chicago)