Darren Obrecht is a wealth management financial advisor based in Omaha, NE.
Darren joined CAPTRUST in 2022 from Frontier Wealth Management and serves as a vice president and financial advisor. He works with individuals and families to grow their college savings and retirement savings assets, as well as with businesses to offer company-sponsored retirement savings options to their employees.
Darren has nearly 25 years in the financial services industry. After graduating from Iowa State University with a degree in agricultural business, he traded futures, options, and physical commodities with the ConAgra Trade Group and the Scoular Grain Company. In 2001, Darren joined Karstens Investment Counsel and began a career as an investment advisor.
Darren has led the Omaha Suburban Athletic Association as president for 10 years and is passionate about working with kids to help them excel in athletics. He is especially involved in all aspects of youth baseball and has coached his sons’ teams for 15 years.
He has also been involved with the Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce President’s Club, working on selling and retaining Chamber memberships. Darren and his wife, Sherri, have three boys: Ryan, Tyler and Carson.
- Bachelor of Science in agricultural business from Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa
- President, Omaha Suburban Athletic Association
- Volunteer, President’s Club, and Chairman’s Circle, Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce
- Leadership Omaha graduate, Class 30
- Volunteer, AK-SAR-BEN Floor Committee
- Board member, Millard North Baseball Inc.