Jim is a member of the Investment Committee and is based out of our Birmingham, AL office.
Jim joined CAPTRUST in 2020 from Welch Hornsby, an independent, fee-only investment advisory firm, where he served as chief portfolio strategist for more than 13 years. At CAPTRUST, he leads the Portfolio Management Team concentrating on the discretionary investment model strategies that encompass both wealth and institutional models.
His professional focus is on portfolio construction, investment communication, risk management, and performance attribution. He is an investment spokesperson for the firm both internally and externally and leads the team that implements the decisions of the Investment Committee into all discretionary model strategies.
He holds the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation and has been building comprehensive investment programs for institutional and high-net worth advisory clients for over twenty-five years.
Jim and his wife, Amy, are the parents of two children and are members of Church of the Highlands in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Bachelor of Science degree in finance from Auburn University
- Master of Business Administration degree from the University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Chartered Financial Analyst
- Member—CFA Institute
- Former Member—Investment Committee, United Way of Central Alabama
- Former Member—Board of Directors, Children’s Harbor