John is head of CAPTRUST institutional client service and operations and works out of the Raleigh, North Carolina office.
John joined CAPTRUST in 2001 and is currently a senior director and head of institutional client service and operations. His responsibilities include leadership of client service support and operations for CAPTRUST’s retirement plan, endowment, and foundation clients.
Prior to his current role, he was a director of defined contribution (DC) services, where he oversaw the vendor analysis and defined contribution research teams. Before that, John was a member of the professional services team, focusing on retirement plan provider due diligence. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in business administration from the Kenan-Flagler Business School at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. John is an Accredited Retirement Plan Specialist and a Certified Fund Specialist®.
- Bachelor of Science degree in business administration from the Kenan-Flagler Business School at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Accredited Retirement Plan Specialist
- Certified Fund Specialist®
Awards & Recognition
- CAPTRUST Innovation Award | 2016
- CAPTRUST Step-Up Award | 2006 and 2011