John Martin is an institutional retirement plan advisor based in Raleigh, NC.
John joined CAPTRUST in 1994 as senior vice president, financial advisor and is responsible for providing advisory services to institutional fiduciaries. Prior to joining the firm, John served as financial advisor at Smith Barney specializing in business development and client account management, and has worked in the industry since 1991. John holds the Accredited Investment Fiduciary AIF® designation. John is also very active in the community having served on the Board of Directors for BandTogether and StepUp Ministry. John is a graduate of Western Carolina University with a BSBA in Business Law and currently serves on the Western Carolina University Foundation Board.
- Bachelor of Science degree in business administration at Western Carolina University
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary®
Awards & Recognition
- NAPA Top DC Advisor Teams | 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022 (CAPTRUST Raleigh)
- Financial Times 401 Top Retirement Plan Advisor | 2017 and 2018
- PLANSPONSOR Magazine Advisor of the Year Finalist | 2004