Lisa Ivie Miller is a wealth management financial advisor based in Austin, TX.
Lisa joined CAPTRUST from South Texas Money Management in 2019. A native of Amarillo, Ms. Miller received her Bachelor of Science degree from West Texas A&M University and her Master of Science degree from Sam Houston State University. She worked for the late state senator Teel Bivins of Amarillo in his district and capitol offices for seven years before beginning her career in governmental relations for a statewide firefighters’ association and then for the law firm Hance Scarborough, LLP.
In 2004, Governor Rick Perry appointed her to serve as the state’s seventh firefighters’ pension commissioner, a position she held until joining South Texas Money Management in late 2010. The Commissioner’s office oversaw defined benefit pension funds for more than 300 municipalities with combined assets of more than $1.4 billion.
Miller holds an Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®) designation. The Austin Business Journal named her one of the city’s Women of Influence and Leadership Texas in 2019.
- Master of Science degree in criminal justice management from Sam Houston State University
- Bachelor of Science degree in criminal justice administration from West Texas A&M University
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary®
- Vice President, Texas Chapter of the National Association of Securities Professionals (NASP), Member, Texas Wall Street Women.
- Founding board member, Williams-Pyro Firefighters’ Foundation
- Founding Member, Juliette’s Circle, Girl Scouts of Central Texas
- Member, board of directors, The First Tee of Greater Austin
- Member, President’s Council for the Dell Seton Medical Center at the University of Texas
- Community Advisory Council for The Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Texas
- Vice Chair, Membership Committee, Texas Women for the Arts
- Former Chair, Board of the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Central and South Texas
- Chair, Member, Greater Austin Crime Commission
- Member, CAPTRUST Women’s Initiative