Alex Brown is a principal and financial advisor based in Sacramento, CA.
CAPTRUST welcomed Alex in 2021. He specializes in investment management, tax and estate planning, IRA planning, and corporate-sponsored retirement plans.
Previously, Alex was a financial advisor, chief executive officer, and partner at Genovese Burford & Brothers, an independent wealth and retirement plan management firm. There, he served on the Investment Committee, helping steer the firm’s model portfolios and asset allocation design. Alex earned his Bachelor of Science degree in accounting and a Master of Accounting degree from Brigham Young University.
When he is not at the office, he enjoys spending time with his wife and five children, serving in his church and community, and doing anything outdoors.
- Master of Accounting degree from Brigham Young University
- Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from Brigham Young University
- Certified Public Accountant
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- Member, Financial Planning Association
- Member, Sacramento Estate Planning Council
- Past Board Member, California Society of CPAs
- Past Board Member, Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge
- Board Chair, James B. McClatchy Foundation
Awards & Recognition
- NAPA Top DC Advisor Teams | 2021 and 2022 (CAPTRUST Sacramento)