Brian joined CAPTRUST in 2023 from Column Capital Management and serves as managing principal.
He has decades of experience in the industry, including providing comprehensive wealth planning advice to high-net-worth individuals and families. His areas of expertise include planning with regard to investment management, income tax, retirement, wealth transfer and executive compensation. Prior to Column Capital, Brian was a partner and area director in Ernst & Young’s wealth management practice. Brian was also a member of EY’s investment advisory board.
Brian holds a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from Ball State University and a Juris Doctorate from the Indiana University School of Law. Outside of work, he enjoys playing tennis, golf, and traveling.
- Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from Ball State University
- Juris Doctorate from the Indiana University School of Law
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- Certified Investment Management Analyst®
- Certified Public Accountant
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Indiana CPA Society
- Financial Planning Association (FPA)
- Investments and Wealth Institute
Member, Indianapolis Zoo Planned Giving Committee
Awards & Recognition
Five Star Wealth Advisor award from Five Star Professional (from 2012 to present)