Christina Markell-Balleza is a managing director, general counsel based in San Antonio, TX.
Christina joined CAPTRUST from South Texas Money Management in 2019. She serves as a managing director, general counsel and is responsible for the firm’s legal program.
Prior to joining the firm, Christina was co-chief executive officer and general counsel at South Texas Money Management where she was responsible for various facets of the business, including all legal matters and the firm’s compliance program. Her experience includes representing investment advisors with respect to organizational matters, registration, securities and regulatory issues, compliance, fund formation, and investor negotiations. She has worked in the industry since 2003.
In 2012 Christina was named to the San Antonio Business Journal’s 40 Under 40, and in 2017 was honored with a C-Suite Award from the San Antonio Business Journal, which recognizes outstanding CEOs and c-level executives.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in political science from St. Mary’s University
- Juris Doctorate degree from the University of Texas at Austin
- Board-Chair, St. Peter-St. Joseph’s Children’s Home
- Board member, Association of Corporate Counsel, South Central Texas
- Board member, Catholic Charities of San Antonio
- Former board member, Landa Gardens Conservancy