Dan Simon is an institutional advisor based in Chicago, IL.
Dan joined CAPTRUST in 2021 from Ellwood Associates. As a principal, he is responsible for providing investment advisory services to clients focusing on endowments, foundations, healthcare institutions, family offices, and corporate retirement plans.
At Ellwood, he served as managing director of investment research and senior consultant. He was a member of the firm’s management committee and oversaw the firm’s best thinking on asset allocation, capital markets, outsourced chief investment officer consulting, and quantitative research.
Prior to joining Ellwood, Dan worked as a senior investment analyst for Ennis Knupp & Associates. He received a Master of Business Administration degree from Northwestern University and a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science from the University of Michigan.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in political science from the University of Michigan
- Master of Business Administration degree from Northwestern University
- Chartered Financial Analyst
- Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst
- CFA® Institute
- CFA® Society of Chicago
- Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst Association
Awards & Recognition
- NAPA Top DC Advisor Teams | 2022 (CAPTRUST Chicago)
- Barron’s Top Institutional Consultants | 2023 (Team Chicago)