Ed Cheatham is a wealth management financial advisor based in Chesterton, IN.
Ed joined CAPTRUST in 2020 as a vice president and financial advisor responsible for providing investment advisory services to high-net-worth individuals, families, and institutions. His more than 30 years of experience inside the financial industry allows him to focus on both individual wealth and retirement plan advising. Ed’s approach to his craft involves creating lifelong relationships with his clients before, during, and after retirement.
Prior to joining CAPTRUST, Ed was a financial advisor with Lakeside Wealth Management, a firm specializing in financial planning, fiduciary and corporate qualified plan consulting, small business services, risk and asset management, and estate, tax, and life insurance planning since 2002. Prior to joining Lakeside Wealth Management, Ed was a retirement specialist at RCM Wealth Advisors and an independent marketer of emerging commodity trading advisors for Ridgeway Financial.
When he is not at the office or with a client, Ed enjoys outdoor gardening, biking, and being with his wife Liz, and their five children.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in economics and business administration from Drake University
- Retirement Income Certified Professional
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- Member, The Morton Arboretum
- Member, Chicago Architecture Center
- Former Director of Individual Sponsorship, Cystic Fibrosis Family Foundation
Awards & Recognition
- NAPA Top DC Advisor Teams | 2020, 2021, and 2022 (CAPTRUST Chesterton)