Erik Milam is a wealth management financial advisor based in Nashville, TN.
Erik joined CAPTRUST in 2022 from TrustCore Financial Services with over 19 years’ experience. He serves as a principal and financial advisor, specializing in financial transitions planning to ensure clients navigate financial change thoughtfully and effectively throughout their financial lives. Using a personalized planning process, Erik strives to help clients get organized, clarify their unique goals, and implement financial strategies to maximize both wealth and quality of life. Typical clients include business owners, professional couples, sudden money recipients, songwriters, and retirees.
Erik holds a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from Baylor University and the designations of CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER®, Certified Financial Transitionist®, and Registered Life Planner®. He has been featured in both national and local publications and received the Top 40 under 40 award (2014) from InvestmentNews and Power Leader in Finance (2018) from the Nashville Business Journal. He is a member of the Rotary Club of Nashville, a member of the Purposeful Planning Institute, and the current president elect and secretary of the Financial Planning Association of Middle Tennessee.
Out of the office, Erik enjoys public speaking, golfing, playing guitar, and spending time with his family.
- Bachelor of Business Administration degree from Baylor University
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- Certified Financial Transitionist® (CeFT®)
- Registered Life Planner
- President elect and secretary, Financial Planning Association of Middle Tennessee
- Member, Governance Committee, The Nazrudin Project (professional think-tank)
- Member, Rotary Club of Nashville
- Past deacon, Woodmont Christian Church
- Past board member and two-term board president, United Cerebral Palsy of Middle Tennessee