Fred Sloan is a wealth management financial advisor based in Lake Success, NY.
Fred Sloan, a Principal in CAPTRUST’s Lake Success office, joined FCE Group in January 2011 and served as President and Chief Executive Officer until the time of the merger of FCE Group with CAPTRUST in October 2018. He has been involved in the management of multi strategy investment portfolios since 1990. In 2007, Fred founded Island Brook Partners LP, an alternative fund of hedge funds. From 2001 through 2007, he was President of Kemnay Advisory Services, which serves as investment advisor to a closely held group of clients with global hedge fund and equity portfolios. Prior to Kemnay, Fred worked at Ivy Asset Management from 1990 through 2001. During this time, he held the positions of Chief Financial Officer, Director of Research, and Chief of Investment Management. Fred received a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from The State University of New York at Binghamton (1978). He holds the CFA designation and is a member of the Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts.
- Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from the State University of New York at Binghamton
- Chartered Financial Analyst
- Member, Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts
- Member, State University of New York at Binghamton investment committee
Awards & Recognition
- NAPA Top DC Advisor Teams | 2022 (CAPTRUST Lake Success)