John Eadie is a wealth management financial advisor based in San Antonio, TX.
CAPTRUST welcomed John in 2021. He brings over 35 years of experience working with Fortune 500 executives to assess and implement complex compensation strategies—including deferred compensation, restricted stock, stock option, and other employee benefit planning. John assists clients with their investment, income tax, wealth transfer planning, family governance, and philanthropic strategies.
John joined us from Covenant Multifamily Offices—a multidisciplinary financial advisory firm—where he was the founder and managing director. He served as the firm’s CEO, chief wealth advisor and led all client service efforts. John is also the co-founder of Scratchworks, a FinTech accelerator that connects innovative tech companies with investment and wealth management luminaries to advance the digital transformation of the financial services industry.
Prior to founding Covenant, John led Frost National Bank’s Wealth Management Services group. He spent the first 20 years of his career at Ernst & Young, where he last served as the firm’s director of executive planning services. John earned a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from Berry College and a Master of Accountancy degree in tax from the University of Georgia.
Outside of work, John is active in many community activities. At his church, John is involved in many volunteer and leadership roles. He is also a member of the Board of Trustees at Berry College.
- Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from Berry College
- Master of Accountancy degree in tax from the University of Georgia
- Certified Public Accountant
- Chartered Financial Analyst
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- Personal Financial Specialist
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®)
- Certified Investment Management Analyst®
- Certified Kingdom Advisors
- Co-founder of the San Antonio affiliate of Social Venture Partners
- American Institute of CPAs
- Texas Society of CPAs
- CFA Institute
- Investment Management Consultants Association
- Fidelity Investments Advisor Council
- Co-founder of Scratchworks
Awards & Recognition
- Barron’s list of Top 100 Independent Financial Advisors | 2012, 2013
- Recognized as a Five Star Wealth manager | 2012-present
- Worth Magazine list of the Top 100 Wealth Advisors in the country