John Maloney is a wealth management financial advisor based in Birmingham, AL.
John joined CAPTRUST in 2020 from Welch Hornsby, an independent, fee-only investment advisory firm, where he served as a client advisor for institutional relationships and high-net-worth individuals for more than 13 years.
In his role as principal and financial advisor for CAPTRUST, John specializes in client advocacy as a fiduciary, reducing financial planning complexities, and building roadmaps that lead to improved financial results for high-net-worth individuals and families, endowments, foundations, and other institutional entities.
He holds the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation and has been in the industry since 1998. In 2014, John was chosen for a prestigious Top 40 under 40 award from the Birmingham Business Journal. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in finance from the University of Alabama and a Master of Arts degree in finance and investments from the University of Alabama.
- Bachelor of Science degree in finance from the University of Alabama
- Master of Arts degree in finance and investments from the University of Alabama
- Chartered Financial Analyst
- Co-Founder, Encore G2 industry study group
- Member, Monday Morning Quarterback Club of Birmingham
- Member, Rotary Club of Birmingham
- Member, Our Lady of the Valley Catholic School, Finance Committee; former Parish Council Board.
- Former President and Board Member, CFA Society of Alabama
- Former Adjunct Faculty Member, Birmingham-Southern College
- Former Investment Committee Vice Chairman and Member, United Way of Central Alabama
- Former Member, Economics, Finance & Quantitative Analysis Advisory Board, Samford Brock School of Business