Michael Genovese a wealth management financial advisor based in Sacramento, CA.
CAPTRUST welcomed Mike in 2021. He has over 40 years of experience as a financial advisor working with individuals, families, foundations, and institutions. Mike helps clients reach their objectives through independent advice and disciplined strategies.
Previously, Mike was a founding partner and chief investment officer of wealth management services at Genovese Burford & Brothers (GBB), an independent wealth and retirement plan management firm. He chaired the Investment Committee, steering the firm’s model portfolios and asset allocation design.
Before co-founding GBB in 1987, Mike began his career in 1979 as an independent financial planner. He is a member of the Sacramento Estate Planning Council, the Western Pension Benefits Conference, and the Northern California Financial Planning Association. He is also a registered principal and registered representative with CAPTRUST.
For over 20 years, Mike has served as a trustee of the Mercy Foundation—an organization dedicated to feeding the hungry, sheltering the homeless, providing opportunities for at-risk youth, and caring for the sick. He is also a patron of the arts and serves as a board member of the Crocker Art Museum. When not helping clients or volunteering, Mike enjoys spending time with his wife and two children.
- Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry, biology, and journalism from San Diego State University
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- Sacramento Estate Planning Council
- Western Pension Benefits Conference
- Northern California Financial Planning Association
- Trustee, Mercy Foundation
- Board Member and Foundation President, Crocker Art Museum
Awards & Recognition
- Financial Times Top 400 Financial Advisors | 2014 through 2020
- Barron’s Top 1200 Financial Advisors | 2015 through 2020
- NAPA Top DC Advisor Teams | 2022 (CAPTRUST Sacramento)