Scott Thomas is a wealth management financial advisor based in Sacramento, CA.
CAPTRUST welcomed Scott in 2021 from Genovese Burford & Brothers—an independent wealth and retirement plan management firm.
Prior to joining Genovese Burford & Brothers, Scott founded Placer Summit Financial Group and was a private client consultant for Charles Schwab, both in Roseville, California. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree from California State University, Chico, and a Master of Business Administration degree from Golden Gate University.
He resides in East Sacramento with his wife, Maria, and their two daughters, Sofia, and Anabella. Scott enjoys spending time with family and friends, being outdoors, and traveling on adventurous yet relaxing vacations. He also likes being part of and giving back to the local community, whether it is coaching his kids’ soccer teams or helping support local organizations that help lead the community forward.
- Master of Business Administration degree from Golden Gate University
- Bachelor of Science degree from California State University, Chico
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- Masters of Business Administration
Awards & Recognition
- NAPA Top DC Advisor Teams | 2022 (CAPTRUST Sacramento)