Vinton Fountain is a wealth management financial advisor based in Wilmington, NC.
In 2020, Vinton joined CAPTRUST from Fountain Financial Associates, where he served as president and founder for more than 20 years.
As a principal and financial advisor for CAPTRUST, Vinton offers his clients the knowledge, experience, and judgment they need to make effective financial decisions. He specializes in providing financial advice for high-net-worth families and investors, entrepreneurs, and corporate executives.
As a professional with significant experience on financial topics, Vinton has contributed articles to the Wilmington Star News and the Greater Wilmington Business Journal, and he has been featured for his investment perspectives on WWAY, an ABC/CBS/CW-affiliated television station based out of Wilmington, North Carolina.
Vinton’s widely respected views on financial planning were also featured in the book Successful Financial Planners: Mentors and Masters in Equal Measure. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from North Carolina State University.
Vinton is an active participant in his community. He has been an officer for Rotary International, the Wilmington Executive Club, Chairman of the Wilmington Chamber of Commerce, and an elder for the First Presbyterian Church. Vinton is originally from Tarboro, North Carolina. He and his wife, Clayton, live in Wilmington and have three daughters, Clayton, Mary Grigg, and Perry. Together, they enjoy boating, travel, and sports.
- Bachelor of Arts degree from North Carolina State University
- Former Officer, Rotary International
- Former Officer, Wilmington Executive Club
- Former Chairman, Wilmington Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Investors Roundtable
- Member, Coastal Entrepreneurial Council
- Board Member, Greater Wilmington Chamber of Commerce
- Board Member, Wilmington Business Development
- Board Member, United Way-Cape Fear Area
- Board Member, Cape Fear Academy
- Board Member, University of North Carolina Wilmington, Watson School of Education