William Altavilla is a wealth management, endowment, foundation, and nonprofit financial advisor based in Folsom, CA.
Bill joined CAPTRUST in 2021 from Pacific Investment Consultants—an independent advisory firm—where he was a partner, wealth management and endowment and foundation financial advisor. With over 30 years of experience, he specializes in providing investment planning to endowments and foundations, high-net-worth individuals, and corporate retirement plans.
Prior to Pacific Investment Consultants, Bill was managing partner of Green Oak Consulting Group where he managed and administered charitable remainder trust and charitable gift annuity programs. Before that, he was an executive vice president and corporate controller of Lexington Capital Management a national financial services company. Bill holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in business economics with an emphasis in accounting from the University of California at Santa Barbara and a Master of Business Administration degree from National University. Bill has also completed the course of study for Certified Financial Planning from the College of Financial Planning. In 2021, Bill was awarded the Don Poole Award by the Sacramento Region Community Foundation.
Away from the office, Bill enjoys spending time with his wife and three children. He is involved in the community by volunteering as a board member of the Sacramento Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in business economics with an emphasis in accounting from the University of California at Santa Barbara
- Master of Business Administration degree in business administration from National University
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary®
- Past President—FPA of Northern California
- Board Member—Sacramento Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- Member—Sacramento Estate Planning Council
- Member—Sacramento Region Community Foundation Philanthropic Advisor’s Forum Advisory Committee
- Member—El Dorado Community Foundation Planned Giving Committee
Awards & Recognition
- NAPA Top DC Advisor Teams | 2021 and 2022 (CAPTRUST Folsom)
- Sacramento Region Community Foundation’s Don Poole Award for significant contributions to the growth of philanthropy in the Sacramento region