David Hartness is a wealth management financial advisor based in Wilmington, NC.
David joined CAPTRUST in 2022 and has been in the industry since 1989. He serves as a principal and financial advisor, and his primary focus is serving as his clients’ personal CFO. Based on a holistic team approach, David works with our staff and outside professionals such as attorneys and CPAs to ensure clients’ portfolios are integrated with their tax and estate planning. He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology from Wake Forest University.
Outside of work, David enjoys playing tennis, working out, boating, fishing, and volunteering.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology from Wake Forest University
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary®
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- Chartered Financial Consultant®
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®)
- Elder, Myrtle Grove Presbyterian Church
- Chair, Wake Forest Alumni Steering Commitee
- Member, First Fruit Ministry Community Advisory Board