Lon Burford is a wealth management financial advisor based in Sacramento, CA.
Lon joined CAPTRUST in 2021 from Genovese Burford & Brothers—an independent wealth and retirement plan management firm—where he was a founding partner and financial advisor. Lon brings extensive credentials and over 35 years of experience within the wealth management industry to our team.
As a principal and financial advisor, Lon provides investment, wealth management, and consulting services to individuals and families. He believes that becoming financially independent takes hard work and discipline, beginning with the decision to engage in a purposeful process. Lon focuses on clients’ desired outcomes while taking steps to reach their goals.
Outside of work, Lon enjoys spending time with his wife, Mary Ann, and their two children, Megan, and Evan. He squeezes in a round of golf when possible, in pursuit of that round in the 70s. Lon has completed several marathons and looks forward to running more.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in economics from The University of California, Davis
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- Chair, Roman Catholic Diocese of Sacramento Finance Council; Catholic Foundation
- Past Chair, Christian Brothers HS Board of Trustees; CBHS Investment Committee
- Past member, Boy Scouts of America GEC Board; Troop 1 Committee Chair
- Past President, Holy Spirit School Board; Past member—parish finance council