Mike Vogelzang is CAPTRUST’s chief investment officer and is based out of Boston, MA.
Mike serves as CAPTRUST’s chief investment officer (CIO), and brings more than 30 years of portfolio management, market strategy, and investment research experience to the firm.
As CAPTRUST’s CIO, Mike oversees the Investment Group, which includes manager and security research, portfolio management, trading, and a team of investment strategists. This group’s investment capabilities are supported by more than 30 additional investment professionals across the firm’s wealth and Institutional Solutions Groups, each of whom focuses on applying and customizing investment research and views to meet the needs of various clients.
Prior to joining the firm, Mike was principal owner, president, and chief investment officer of Boston Advisors. Before that, he held senior positions with Freedom Capital Management and Shawmut Investment Management. He began his investment career at The Boston Company.
He is frequently invited to speak at industry conferences, interview in the financial media, and contribute articles to portfolio management journals. He holds the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation and is a member of the CFA® Society of Boston. Mike also serves as the Chair of the Investment Committee of the Chicago area Barnabas Foundation, an $800 million faith-based planned giving organization. In addition, Mike sits on the Investment Committee of his alma mater, Calvin University.
- Graduate School of Management—Boston University
- Bachelor of Arts degree in economics and political science from Calvin College
- Chartered Financial Analyst
- Chair—The Barnabas Foundation, Investment Committee
- Committee Member—Calvin University Investment Committee
- Member—CFA® Society of Boston
- Member—Boston Security Analysts Society
- Member—Highrock Arlington
- Member—Monsters in the Basement Cycling Club.