Peter Ashby is a wealth management financial advisor based in Sacramento, CA.
Peter joined CAPTRUST in 2021 from Genovese Burford & Brothers—an independent wealth and retirement plan management firm—where he was a Director of Financial Planning.
At CAPTRUST, he specializes in helping his clients through retirement. Using a disciplined long-term approach, Peter aims to bring clarity and understanding to each unique client situation by aligning values with money.
Prior to Genovese Burford & Brothers, Peter co-founded and launched his own independent firm, Adams Ashby Financial Advisors, where he built a reputation for solid advice and client service. Peter also has experience working as a financial advisor at Smith Barney. He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in history from California State University, Chico, and a Master of Science degree in Personal Financial Planning from the College of Financial Planning.
Outside of work, Peter enjoys spending time with his wife and their three children. He is passionate about learning new things, reading, and spending time outdoors. Peter also plays music and is involved in coaching his kids’ sports teams.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in history from California State University, Chico
- Master of Science degree in Personal Financial Planning from the College of Financial Planning
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- Accredited Wealth Management Advisor℠
- Member, Financial Planning Association
- Member, South Placer Estate Planning Council
Awards & Recognition
- NAPA Top DC Advisor Teams | 2022 (CAPTRUST Sacramento)