Scott Gordon is an institutional retirement plan and wealth management financial advisor based in Folsom, CA.
CAPTRUST welcomed Scott to our team in 2021. He has over 30 years of professional experience providing business and investment planning to corporate retirement plans, foundations, and high-net-worth individuals. Scott aims to enrich lives through sound investment advice. He helps clients reach their financial goals with disciplined strategies and unwavering commitment to service.
Scott joined our team from Pacific Investment Consultants—an independent advisory firm—where he was founder, partner, a senior wealth advisor, and a member of the Retirement Plan Advisory Program. Prior to Pacific Investment Consultants, Scott was a senior financial advisor at London Pacific. He began his career as a senior accountant at Hanson Kushner and Company.
He earned his certified public accountant designation after graduating with a Bachelor of Arts degree in business economics with an emphasis in accounting from the University of California, Santa Barbara. He holds the designation of Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®) and is part of a prestigious network of professionals dedicated to advancing fiduciary responsibilities.
Away from the office, Scott enjoys spending time with his wife, Yvette, and their children, Chase, and Ella. Scott also squeezes in a round of golf whenever possible. He is passionate about community service and is a member of the Sutter Medical Foundation Board of Trustees.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in business economics from the University of California at Santa Barbara
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary®
- Board of Trustees, Sutter Medical Foundation — Sacramento, CA
- Past Member, California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Past Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Past Committee Member, California Society of Certified Public Accountants Estate and Financial Planning
Awards & Recognition
- NAPA Top DC Advisor Teams | 2021 and 2022 (CAPTRUST Folsom)