Barron’s Honors 17 CAPTRUST Institutional Advisor Teams
Seventeen CAPTRUST advisor teams were recently named to Barron’s prestigious 2021 Top 100 Institutional Consulting Teams list. The teams and their lead advisor were ranked as follows:
- #7 – Team Dallas, led by John Pickett and Travis Whitten
- #8 – Team Schott, led by Stephen Schott
- #19 – Team Atlanta, led by Philly Jones, Evan Melcher, Drew McCorkle, and Zack Sadler
- #23 – Team Allentown, led by Jim Edwards, Wes Schantz, and Jeff Loehwing
- #24 – Team Bailey, led by Eric Bailey
- #25 – Team Strickland, led by Jon Strickland
- #29 – Team DiGiacomo, led by Dan DiGiacomo
- #37 – Team Strodel, led by Jim Strodel
- #39 – Team Schmitt, led by Barry Schmitt
- #46 – Team Stanicek, led by Jason Stanicek
- #47 – Team Doylestown, led by Chris Kulick, Paul Schaffer, Sean Teesdale, and Scott Wertheim
- #49 – Team Esch, led by Dan Esch
- #63 – Team Medlin, led by Mark Medlin
- #72 – Team Pratico, led by Mike Pratico
- #73 – Team Wilt, led by Steve Wilt
- #74 – Team Birmingham, led by Paul Owen and Phil Anderson
- #82 – Team Eskamani, led by Shaun Eskamani
CAPTRUST advisors gained six additional spots on the coveted list, which was increased this year to the top 100 teams, from 50 last year. The firm represents nearly 20 percent of the 100 spots for 2021.
For this ranking, Barron’s recognizes the nation’s top teams specializing in investment consulting for defined contribution and defined benefit plans, endowments, and foundations.
Nominees were evaluated on a range of criteria, including institutional investment assets overseen by the team, client tenure, revenue generated by those assets, number of clients served by the team, and the number of team members. The Barron’s scoring systems also considered teams’ advanced professional designations.
The full list can be viewed here. Congratulations to all the winners!